Mini pancakes filled with Nutella! These are called Ebelskivers and are originally from Denmark. Perfect for brunch and totally versatile – add whatever filling that you like from chocolate or jam to cheese!
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 ½ tsp sugar
½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
2 eggs, yolks and whites separated
1 cup milk
2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and room temperature
1. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks, then add the milk and butter. Add the flour mixture and whisk until well combined, but still lumpy.
2. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Add 1/3 of the egg whites to the batter and gently fold to combine. Add the remaining egg whites and gently fold until just combined.
3. Spray an appam pan / ebelskiver pan with cooking spray and place on a stove set to medium heat. Once the pan is warm, spoon about 2 tbsp of batter into each well. Dollop about 1 tsp of Nutella into the center of each well – placing the Nutella in a piping bag makes this MUCH easier! Spoon enough batter on top to seal the pancakes closed.
4. Once the surface begins to bubble, flip over the pancakes using two skewers, so that the cooked side is facing up. Cook until the bottom turns golden brown.
5. Transfer the pancakes to a plate and enjoy!
Want to see more video tutorials? Check out all of my recipes here!