Orange Jelly Cake ? it may sound weird but trust me once you try this recipe, you would fall in love with it. This recipe was made by me as an experiment but once this was made I was kinda shocked by the taste of it. The main process is like Bombay Karachi halwa but with added orange juice. It takes only 15 minutes to make and 5 ingredients.
Orange Juice 1.5 cup
Corn Starch 1/2 cup
sugar 1 cup
water 1/2 cup
lemon juice 2 tsp
Food colour 1 pinch
Ghee 4 tbsp ( 1 tbsp 4 times)
Cardamom powder 1/4 tsp
Chopped almonds 1 tbsp
- In a bowl mix cornflour & orange juice without lumps & keep it aside
- In a pan/ kadhai add sugar water & lemon juice & heat it on a medium low heat
- Once its boiling add the Orange juice & cornflour mixture to it
- Add Orange or yellow food colour at this point & keep stirring
- Gradually add 4 tbsp ghee to the pan while stirring until all the ghee is incorporated into it
- Cook for at least 15 minutes
- Add elaichi powder at the end & mix it & switch off the stove
- Transfer it to a greased bowl while its hot & spread it evenly
- Add diced almonds on the top &press it gently so that they stick to it properly.
- Let it cool for 10-15 minutes
- Cut into desired shapes
- Can store them upto 8-10 days in an air tight container.
- Yummy orange jelly cake is ready in a jiffy …Enjoy