Delicious indian laddoo recipe made with peanuts and melted jaggery syrup. it is a simple, healthy and easy indian sweet recipe which can also be shared as protein bars or balls. these ladoo’s are popular in maharashtrian cuisine and are generally made during the festival season, but can also be made & served as snack.
Ingredients (1 cup = 255 ML)
1 cup peanut
1 tbsp ghee / clarified butter
1 cup jaggery / gud
2 tbsp sesame / til roasted
2 tbsp dry coconut / kopra grated
¼ tsp cardamom powder
- Dry roast 1¾ cup peanuts on low to medium flame until the skin of peanuts separate. alternatively, use store brought roasted peanuts.
- Cool the peanuts completely, and start to separate the skin of peanuts by rubbing.
transfer the roasted peanuts into a mixi and blend to a coarse powder.
- In a bowl mix peanut powder, til, coconut pwdr & elaichi pwdr
- In a large kadai heat 1 tbsp ghee and add 1 cup jaggery.
- keep stirring on low flame, until the jaggery dissolves completely.
- boil for a minute or until the syrup turns frothy.
- do not over boil the syrup, also 1 string of jaggery syrup is not required.
- keep the flame on low and add peanut mixture.
- mix well until the mixture is combined well & let it cool a little.
- now start making ladoo (greased hand) when the mixture is still hot / warm. as it hardens once cooled.
- finally, enjoy shenga unde / peanut ladoo recipe for a month when stored in airtight container.