Enjoy these soft pancakes with a dollop of butter and chocolate syrup
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar pwdr
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Milk
- ¼ Cup Melted Butter/ Oil + more for cooking
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, sugar with a wooden spoon.
- Crack in the egg and pour in the milk.
- Add the melted butter/oil and vanilla essence to the egg and milk and use a fork to mix together until everything is well combined.
- Mix in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet. Fold the batter together with a wooden spoon until there are no longer any large lumps.
- To cook the pancakes heat a heavy based pan like cast iron over medium low heat. When the pan is hot add a small amount of butter and ⅓ cup of the pancakes batter.
- Cook the pancake for 1-2 minutes each side. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes stacked high with butter and honey/ maple / chocolate syrup. Enjoy.
You can add other flavourings to the pancakes such as blueberries or chocolate chips. Add the extra ingredients at the same time as you combine the wet and dry ingredients.